Website Screenshots by PagePeeker sign – Heres The Answers

East Anglian Railway Museum – The Goods Shed – signs – Rail Tickets Parcels and Left Luggage

East Anglian Railway Museum - The Goods Shed - signs - Rail Tickets Parcels and Left Luggage

A visit to the East Anglian Railway Museum.

The East Anglian Railway Museum is located at Chappel and Wakes Colne railway station in Essex, England, which is situated on the former Great Eastern Railway branch line from Marks Tey to Sudbury. Services on the Sudbury Branch Line are operated by Abellio Greater Anglia.

The museum has a wide collection of locomotives and rolling stock, some of which are fully restored, three are converted into Thomas, Percy and Toby replicas while others are undergoing repair and restoration. The Restoration Shed was built in 1983–4, before which most work had to take place in the Goods Shed or in the open. On event days, steam or diesel train rides are operated over a short demonstration track.

The museum also plays host to three popular annual events: the Winter Beer Festival held each February, the Cider Festival held each June, and the Summer Beer Festival held each September. During the festivals, additional late-evening trains on the Sudbury Branch Line allow festival-goers to return home by train subject to provision by the train operation companies. There are no moving exhibits during the festivals, although train carriages are usually open to sit in and drink, with one wagon doubling up as The Shunters Arms at the summer festival.

The museum was originally formed as the Stour Valley Railway Preservation Society on 24 September 1968. The SVRPS was established at Chappel & Wakes Colne Station in December 1969 after a lease was obtained from British Rail to use the vacant goods yard and railway buildings, including the station building. The first public steam day took place three months later.

The goods shed and station buildings were quickly restored; with a workshop being set up in the goods shed to enable maintenance and restoration work to be undertaken on the rolling stock.

The Stour Valley Railway Preservation Society was renamed to The East Anglian Railway Museum in 1986 to confirm its focus on representing railway history of the Eastern Counties rather than just operating trains. The museum gained charitable status in 1991 (Registered Charity No. 1001579) and became a Registered Museum in 1995.

Since 2005, the museum has had a greater emphasis on interpretation and display facilities, a large variety of events take place each year to raise funds to support the museum’s activities.

The Goods Shed

Believed erected at the same time as the main station buildings in 1891, this was the main centre of activity of the station until freight activity on the line ceased in 1962. The small building on the end of the main building was the office of the Goods Clerk. The building was used mainly for goods needing protection from the weather, or of value, bulk goods such as coal or other minerals being unloaded in the yard. The crane is from Saffron Walden Goods Shed and was rebuilt here in 1993.

signs – Rail Tickets Parcels and Left Luggage

Posted by ell brown on 2019-07-17 18:42:00

Tagged: , East Anglian Railway Museum , Chappel and Wakes Colne Station , Essex , East Anglia , England , United Kingdom , Great Britain , Wakes Colne , Chappel , former Great Eastern Railway branch line from Marks Tey to Sudbury , Gainsborough line , Industrial railway museum , Chappel & Wakes Colne , Stour Valley Railway Preservation Society , SVRPS , The East Anglian Railway Museum , The Goods Shed , sign , signs , Rail Tickets Parcels and Left Luggage , Foreign Passports , Continental Ticket Office , Gentlemen , Bureau for Change

Tagged : / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

East Anglian Railway Museum – The Goods Shed – plaque – Ramped entrance

East Anglian Railway Museum - The Goods Shed - plaque - Ramped entrance

A visit to the East Anglian Railway Museum.

The East Anglian Railway Museum is located at Chappel and Wakes Colne railway station in Essex, England, which is situated on the former Great Eastern Railway branch line from Marks Tey to Sudbury. Services on the Sudbury Branch Line are operated by Abellio Greater Anglia.

The museum has a wide collection of locomotives and rolling stock, some of which are fully restored, three are converted into Thomas, Percy and Toby replicas while others are undergoing repair and restoration. The Restoration Shed was built in 1983–4, before which most work had to take place in the Goods Shed or in the open. On event days, steam or diesel train rides are operated over a short demonstration track.

The museum also plays host to three popular annual events: the Winter Beer Festival held each February, the Cider Festival held each June, and the Summer Beer Festival held each September. During the festivals, additional late-evening trains on the Sudbury Branch Line allow festival-goers to return home by train subject to provision by the train operation companies. There are no moving exhibits during the festivals, although train carriages are usually open to sit in and drink, with one wagon doubling up as The Shunters Arms at the summer festival.

The museum was originally formed as the Stour Valley Railway Preservation Society on 24 September 1968. The SVRPS was established at Chappel & Wakes Colne Station in December 1969 after a lease was obtained from British Rail to use the vacant goods yard and railway buildings, including the station building. The first public steam day took place three months later.

The goods shed and station buildings were quickly restored; with a workshop being set up in the goods shed to enable maintenance and restoration work to be undertaken on the rolling stock.

The Stour Valley Railway Preservation Society was renamed to The East Anglian Railway Museum in 1986 to confirm its focus on representing railway history of the Eastern Counties rather than just operating trains. The museum gained charitable status in 1991 (Registered Charity No. 1001579) and became a Registered Museum in 1995.

Since 2005, the museum has had a greater emphasis on interpretation and display facilities, a large variety of events take place each year to raise funds to support the museum’s activities.

The Goods Shed

Believed erected at the same time as the main station buildings in 1891, this was the main centre of activity of the station until freight activity on the line ceased in 1962. The small building on the end of the main building was the office of the Goods Clerk. The building was used mainly for goods needing protection from the weather, or of value, bulk goods such as coal or other minerals being unloaded in the yard. The crane is from Saffron Walden Goods Shed and was rebuilt here in 1993.

plaque – Ramped entrance – from 1996.

Colchester Borough Council

Posted by ell brown on 2019-07-17 18:41:50

Tagged: , East Anglian Railway Museum , Chappel and Wakes Colne Station , Essex , East Anglia , England , United Kingdom , Great Britain , Wakes Colne , Chappel , former Great Eastern Railway branch line from Marks Tey to Sudbury , Gainsborough line , Industrial railway museum , Chappel & Wakes Colne , Stour Valley Railway Preservation Society , SVRPS , The East Anglian Railway Museum , The Goods Shed , sign , plaque , Colchester Borough Council

Tagged : / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Delivery of Shing-Dings / No Entry

Delivery of Shing-Dings / No Entry

A goods van parked outside a ‘nite spot’ down Serangoon road. Happened to see this scene while waiting for the bus back home.

What initially caught my eye was the somewhat contrasting scene of an old man (presumably) unloading something from a van in front of a KTV lounge. Something I noticed later was the ‘no entry’ sign right there which added an interesting twist to the scene. Anyway… its all open to your own interpretation.

Notes: Tweaked curves to recover some of the highlights and added a ‘digital’ grad filter to brighten up the foreground area of the van and the man a little. The colours are as-is.

EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
ISO400 50mm f/1.8 1/125sec

Posted by CJ Dias Abeyesinghe on 2009-07-16 16:38:47

Tagged: , Billboard , Building , Contrast , KTV , Lounge , Man , Martell , Neon , Night Life , No Entry , Parked , Road Sign , Serangoon , Shing , Shing Ding , Sign , Singapore , Street , Street Photography , Van , EF 50mm f/1.4 USM , Available Light , eos , 450D

Tagged : / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

East Anglian Railway Museum – The Goods Shed – sign – Foreign Passports

East Anglian Railway Museum - The Goods Shed - sign - Foreign Passports

A visit to the East Anglian Railway Museum.

The East Anglian Railway Museum is located at Chappel and Wakes Colne railway station in Essex, England, which is situated on the former Great Eastern Railway branch line from Marks Tey to Sudbury. Services on the Sudbury Branch Line are operated by Abellio Greater Anglia.

The museum has a wide collection of locomotives and rolling stock, some of which are fully restored, three are converted into Thomas, Percy and Toby replicas while others are undergoing repair and restoration. The Restoration Shed was built in 1983–4, before which most work had to take place in the Goods Shed or in the open. On event days, steam or diesel train rides are operated over a short demonstration track.

The museum also plays host to three popular annual events: the Winter Beer Festival held each February, the Cider Festival held each June, and the Summer Beer Festival held each September. During the festivals, additional late-evening trains on the Sudbury Branch Line allow festival-goers to return home by train subject to provision by the train operation companies. There are no moving exhibits during the festivals, although train carriages are usually open to sit in and drink, with one wagon doubling up as The Shunters Arms at the summer festival.

The museum was originally formed as the Stour Valley Railway Preservation Society on 24 September 1968. The SVRPS was established at Chappel & Wakes Colne Station in December 1969 after a lease was obtained from British Rail to use the vacant goods yard and railway buildings, including the station building. The first public steam day took place three months later.

The goods shed and station buildings were quickly restored; with a workshop being set up in the goods shed to enable maintenance and restoration work to be undertaken on the rolling stock.

The Stour Valley Railway Preservation Society was renamed to The East Anglian Railway Museum in 1986 to confirm its focus on representing railway history of the Eastern Counties rather than just operating trains. The museum gained charitable status in 1991 (Registered Charity No. 1001579) and became a Registered Museum in 1995.

Since 2005, the museum has had a greater emphasis on interpretation and display facilities, a large variety of events take place each year to raise funds to support the museum’s activities.

The Goods Shed

Believed erected at the same time as the main station buildings in 1891, this was the main centre of activity of the station until freight activity on the line ceased in 1962. The small building on the end of the main building was the office of the Goods Clerk. The building was used mainly for goods needing protection from the weather, or of value, bulk goods such as coal or other minerals being unloaded in the yard. The crane is from Saffron Walden Goods Shed and was rebuilt here in 1993.

sign – Foreign Passports

Posted by ell brown on 2019-07-17 18:41:53

Tagged: , East Anglian Railway Museum , Chappel and Wakes Colne Station , Essex , East Anglia , England , United Kingdom , Great Britain , Wakes Colne , Chappel , former Great Eastern Railway branch line from Marks Tey to Sudbury , Gainsborough line , Industrial railway museum , Chappel & Wakes Colne , Stour Valley Railway Preservation Society , SVRPS , The East Anglian Railway Museum , The Goods Shed , sign , Foreign Passports

Tagged : / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Springville Auction

Springville Auction

Not RespoNsibLe foR peRsoNs uNdeR 21yRs old
No ALcohoLic beveRAges oR sMoKiNg
Keep ouT of ALL peNs
No CAMereAs oR CAMCORds ALLoWed
ALL dogs shouLd be oN A LeAshe
No dogs or CATS peRMiTTed To
be giveN AWAY

www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM30E9_Gentners_Commission_Ma…
Gentner’s Commission Market was established in 1939 as a weekly livestock market, Gentner’s continues to gain popularity. The market attracts thousands each Wednesday, who browse through the extensive flea market and produce dealer stands and animal barns.
Visitors can bid and purchase all manner of collectibles and knickknacks, furniture and tools, pets and livestock. Locally grown fruits and vegetables as well as pastries can be purchased. Local vendors sell such items as cows, pigs, rabbits, mice, pigeons and other animals. Foods include Amish pies, cookies, breads and jams and home grown goods like sweet corn, peaches, plums, nectarines and cherries. Local merchants also serve hamburgers and Italian sausage for visitors along with cookies and sweet treats.

In addition to these locally grown goods, visitors can also purchase a myriad of gadgets and gizmos. Just some of the items that sell each Wednesday include gardening tools, handcrafted wooden birdhouses, used videocassettes, vintage clothing boxes of plastic toys, tools, old vinyl albums, antique bottles and books, handmade dolls, pillows, wicker baskets/furniture, picture frames, household equipment and furniture and gardening tools.

Location: Gentner Auction, 341 West Main Street, Springville, NY
Times of Operation: Wednesday, 7 AM to 5 PM
Season: July through mid November

Posted by J Eberl on 2010-08-26 06:33:53

Tagged: , Springville , Auction , Buffalo , No , Probing , Sign , Funny , Yellow , Red , White , Paint , Barn , Old , Gentner , Commission , Market , Community , Wednesday , Flea , Amish , Farm

Tagged : / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

Kentucky, Louisville, Carter Dry Goods Co. (16,478)

Kentucky, Louisville, Carter Dry Goods Co. (16,478)

The Carter Dry Goods Company was founded in 1854 by John A. Carter, James G. Carter, and two other men. The Carters bought the interest of the other owners in 1859. The business closed during the Civil War. The Carter Dry Goods Company was a leading dry goods business in the region. According to a New York Times article from 1894 reporting the "Dry Goods Ecomonomist Reports," the Carter Dry Goods Company reported, "We certainly think there will be a steady increase in business through 1894 unless some unforeseen developments of an unfavorable nature arise in the general situation." (From The New York Times, Feb. 27, 1894, "Activity in the Dry Good Trade.") The Carter Dry Goods Company was sold several times starting 1954 before going out of business in 1982.

The facade in the photograph is of the 1878 Charles J. Clarke designed building that was home to the Carter Dry Goods Company for seventy-six years. The building is located in a block on Main Sreet between 7th and 8th Streets that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Posted by EC Leatherberry on 2011-09-03 23:44:40

Tagged: , Kentucky , Jefferson County , dry goods , sign , Carter Dry Good Co. , US 31W , 1854 , National Register of Historic Places , Charles J. Clarke , 1878 , Louisville, Kentucky

Tagged : / / / / / / / / / /