Website Screenshots by PagePeeker admin – Page 2 – Heres The Answers

Odenville Mini Farm on 2.8 Acres

Odenville Mini Farm on 2.8 Acres

Cozy Country 3BR 1BA Home Nestled on 2.8 Acres. Home Features a Large Great Room, a Small Den with Wood Burning Stove Heater, and Large Family Room. Kitchen has New Countertops, Backsplash and features a Breakfast Bar overlooking Den. Laundry Room is Oversized and features Cabinetry. Wall Shelving in the Laundry Room for Can Goods. Roof is Approximately 7 Years Old. Yard is mostly Level and Fenced for Animals. You have a possible 2nd septic tank in the fenced area, Seller said, he was told there was a Mobile Home on the Property in the fenced at one time. There is a second Meter Box on the Property. Water Authority would have to set it but the box is there. Home is very Convenient to Hwy 411. Includes an Above Ground Swimming Pool. Home is Very Roomy!

Directions: From Birmingham: Go I-20 to Moody Exit 144B. North on Hwy 411. Go past Bethel Baptist Church. At Red Light, Turn Right on Simpson Rd. House on Left.

Posted by AlabamaLandAgent on 2014-08-28 03:20:32

Tagged: , alabama homes for sale , alabama land for sale , alabama mini farms

Tagged : / /

Teynham

Teynham

Monday April 9, 2012 on my frist visit to Lyttelton since the Feb 22 2011 earthquake. It was say to see so many buildings gone or about to go.

Lyttelton (Māori: Ōhinehou) is a port town on the north shore of Lyttelton Harbour close to Banks Peninsula, a suburb of Christchurch on the eastern coast of the South Island of New Zealand.

The 2010 Canterbury earthquake damaged some of Lyttelton’s historic buildings, including the Timeball Station. There was some damage to the town’s infrastructure, but the port facilities and tunnel quickly returned to operation. The overall quake damage was less significant than in Christchurch itself, due to the dampening effects of the solid rock that the town rests on and its moderate distance from the epicentre.

On 22 February 2011 a magnitude 6.3 aftershock caused much more widespread damage in Lyttelton than its predecessor due to its proximity to Lyttelton and a shallow depth of 5 kilometres (3.1 mi). Some walls of the Timeball Station collapsed and there was extensive damage to residential and commercial property, leading to the demolition of a number of high profile heritage buildings such as the Harbour Light Theatre and the Empire Hotel. Many other unreinforced masonry buildings were severely damaged.

Following the February earthquake it was suggested that the Timeball Station be dismantled for safety reasons. Bruce Chapman, chief executive of the New Zealand Historic Places Trust (NZHPT) said there was a possibility that it may be reconstructed. "If we can find a way to dismantle the Timeball Station that allows us to retain as much of the building’s materials as possible, we will do so." However on Monday 13 June 2011 a further 6.3 ML aftershock brought down the tower and remaining walls while workmen were preparing to dismantle it.

Much of Lyttelton’s architectural heritage was lost as a result of the earthquakes, as damage was deemed too extensive for reconstruction. By June 2011, six buildings in London Street in Lyttelton had been demolished, along with another four on Norwich Quay. The town’s oldest churches have collapsed, including Canterbury’s oldest stone church, the Holy Trinity.

History of Lyttelton:
Due to its establishment as a landing point for Christchurch-bound seafarers, Lyttelton has historically been regarded as the "Gateway to Canterbury" for colonial settlers. The port remains a regular destination for cruise liners and is the South Island’s principal goods transport terminal, handling 34% of exports and 61% of imports by value.

In 2009 Lyttelton was awarded Category I Historic Area status by the New Zealand Historic Places Trust (NZHPT) defined as "an area of special or outstanding historical or cultural heritage significance or value".

A home for Māori for about 700 years, Lyttelton Harbour was discovered by European settlers on 16 February 1770 during the Endeavour’s first voyage to New Zealand.

In August 1849 it was officially proclaimed a port.

Lyttelton was formerly called Port Cooper and Port Victoria. It was the original settlement in the district (1850). The name Lyttelton was given to it in honour of George William Lyttelton of the Canterbury Association, which had led the colonisation of the area.

In 1862, the first telegraph transmission in New Zealand was made from Lyttelton Post Office.

On 1 January 1908, the Nimrod Expedition, headed by Ernest Shackleton to explore Antarctica left from the harbour here.
(From Wikipedia)

Posted by Jocey K on 2012-04-10 00:48:09

Tagged: , new Zealand , Christchurch , Lyttelton , garden , pathway , cottage , sky , building , NZ , hosue , earthquake damage , homes

Tagged : / / / / / / / / / / /

“Last Train Home” Review – pix 2

Last Train Home is the debut film by Chinese-Canadian director Lixin Fan.
* Last Train Home Review – 130 million Chinese migrant workers making inexpensive “Made in China” goods possible
* Interview with Lixin Fan, director of Last Train Home

Posted by k-ideas on 2010-03-15 14:54:50

Tagged: , Last Train Home , Lixin Fan

Tagged : /

East Anglian Railway Museum – The Goods Shed – signs – Rail Tickets Parcels and Left Luggage

East Anglian Railway Museum - The Goods Shed - signs - Rail Tickets Parcels and Left Luggage

A visit to the East Anglian Railway Museum.

The East Anglian Railway Museum is located at Chappel and Wakes Colne railway station in Essex, England, which is situated on the former Great Eastern Railway branch line from Marks Tey to Sudbury. Services on the Sudbury Branch Line are operated by Abellio Greater Anglia.

The museum has a wide collection of locomotives and rolling stock, some of which are fully restored, three are converted into Thomas, Percy and Toby replicas while others are undergoing repair and restoration. The Restoration Shed was built in 1983–4, before which most work had to take place in the Goods Shed or in the open. On event days, steam or diesel train rides are operated over a short demonstration track.

The museum also plays host to three popular annual events: the Winter Beer Festival held each February, the Cider Festival held each June, and the Summer Beer Festival held each September. During the festivals, additional late-evening trains on the Sudbury Branch Line allow festival-goers to return home by train subject to provision by the train operation companies. There are no moving exhibits during the festivals, although train carriages are usually open to sit in and drink, with one wagon doubling up as The Shunters Arms at the summer festival.

The museum was originally formed as the Stour Valley Railway Preservation Society on 24 September 1968. The SVRPS was established at Chappel & Wakes Colne Station in December 1969 after a lease was obtained from British Rail to use the vacant goods yard and railway buildings, including the station building. The first public steam day took place three months later.

The goods shed and station buildings were quickly restored; with a workshop being set up in the goods shed to enable maintenance and restoration work to be undertaken on the rolling stock.

The Stour Valley Railway Preservation Society was renamed to The East Anglian Railway Museum in 1986 to confirm its focus on representing railway history of the Eastern Counties rather than just operating trains. The museum gained charitable status in 1991 (Registered Charity No. 1001579) and became a Registered Museum in 1995.

Since 2005, the museum has had a greater emphasis on interpretation and display facilities, a large variety of events take place each year to raise funds to support the museum’s activities.

The Goods Shed

Believed erected at the same time as the main station buildings in 1891, this was the main centre of activity of the station until freight activity on the line ceased in 1962. The small building on the end of the main building was the office of the Goods Clerk. The building was used mainly for goods needing protection from the weather, or of value, bulk goods such as coal or other minerals being unloaded in the yard. The crane is from Saffron Walden Goods Shed and was rebuilt here in 1993.

signs – Rail Tickets Parcels and Left Luggage

Posted by ell brown on 2019-07-17 18:42:00

Tagged: , East Anglian Railway Museum , Chappel and Wakes Colne Station , Essex , East Anglia , England , United Kingdom , Great Britain , Wakes Colne , Chappel , former Great Eastern Railway branch line from Marks Tey to Sudbury , Gainsborough line , Industrial railway museum , Chappel & Wakes Colne , Stour Valley Railway Preservation Society , SVRPS , The East Anglian Railway Museum , The Goods Shed , sign , signs , Rail Tickets Parcels and Left Luggage , Foreign Passports , Continental Ticket Office , Gentlemen , Bureau for Change

Tagged : / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / /