Power Yoga combines the mental, the physical, and the spiritual aspects of yoga along with rigorous exercise in a great manner. It is a dynamic form of yoga, based on fitness. Its model is the Ashtanga yoga. Power yoga has become extremely popular recently and is available to all. Power yoga looks to have a similar look as aerobic workouts because of its brisk nature and high tempo. Here the poses are performed faster, maintaining a continuity. When practiced under supervision, regularly, power yoga makes your body become stable, balanced, poised and toned. The good thing is that, anyone can practice it.
List of the Effective Power Yoga
Among the best ways of staying fit naturally, power yoga has been considered one. Medically, it is safe, without any side effects. 5 power yoga poses contributing to your well-being are given below –
1. Wind-Releasing Pose – This pose helps you to lose excess fat in your abdominal region. It is called Pawanmuktasana. Place your back on the floor. Lift up the right leg at a 90 degree angle. Fold it and press your stomach by applying pressure on the folded leg for a minute. Hold it down with both hands to press it. Next, release and repeat this process with the other leg. This pose can also be treated by bending both legs simultaneously.
2. Cobra Pose – This pose helps you to firm your buttocks and also, tone your abs. First, lie down on your stomach facing the floor; place your palms beside your chest, upon the floor. Next, lift the upper part of body, that is, your chest from the floor. Then, bend it back up till where you can and, look upwards. Remain in this pose for five full breaths and then, release.
3. Bow Pose – Also known as Dhanurasana, this yoga activity tones your legs and arms by making you lose extra fat. First, you have to lie down on your belly, upon the floor. Then, you have to bend your knees. Next, you have to lift your legs up from behind. The, arch your body back, try to grab your legs by your hands. Remain in this position for four breaths, then, release and relax.
4. Side Stretch Pose – This asana will increase the heart rate, burn your calories and also help to reduce fat on the sides. Stand upright upon the floor, maintaining a straight posture. Place your hands on the side of your body, keeping your palms down. Lift up your hands straight, stretching them upwards. Bend on your right, stretching your right hand to your right side above your head. Repeat this on your left side. One side should take five breath counts. Then, Relax.
5. Warrior Pose – This pose is also called Virbhadrasana. It is a great exercise for reducing weight. It tones your abs, arms and thighs. It also increases the capacity of your lungs. For this asana, stand straight upon the floor; spread the legs as far apart as you can. Turn the right leg and the left leg towards your right. Next, raise your arms over your head and then, stretch them. Then, join the palms of your hands together as in a prayer, look upwards and relax. Hold it for five breaths.