You can follow the hereunder mentioned fitness tips and secrets to:
– Maximize the benefits from your physical exercise and supportive nutrition.
– Avoid any possible dangers/traps which might signal painful recoils and regressions.
TIP no 1
Try to find the golden mean between over-training and concrete, tangible fitness gains and benefits. Calculate attentively the intensity, frequency and duration of your workouts. You need quick and visible results but a burnout might prove disastrous.
TIP no 2
No workout program and no diet will bring long-term results if you don’t make a serious commitment. Feed your self motivation and self discipline. Look into the mirror: if your eyes spark then you can go on.
TIP no 3
Before you embark on your long and difficult trip to physical perfection try to dispel the most persistent fitness myths.
TIP no 4
Do not omit to integrate into your workout routines the warm up ritual.
Prepare your body for the hard exercise that is going to follow and considerably reduce the possibilities for a painful injury. Warming up relates both quantitavely and qualitavely to the kind,duration and intensity of the main workout.
It’s very true that lots of people omit this workout phase because it is considered as boring and it lacks the glamour of tough exercise. Huge mistake! About stretching: After the general warm-up you can do some active or passive static stretching. Try to avoid any type of dynamic or ballistic stretching. These are games for bigger boys!
TIP no 5
Also: don’t overlook the cooling down procedure! After the intensity of the main workout we need an adjustment period. Body temperature has to decrease and waste products to be removed from the muscles.
After 5 minutes of relaxed jogging you can devote 5-10 minutes to active or passive static stretching exercises.
Cooling down is critical for a quicker recovery and should be adjusted to the main workout.
TIP no 6
Every fitness program should by all means comprise in its exercise part:
a) Aerobic activities: to improve the cardiovascular system.
b) Strength or resistance training: to maintain/increase muscle mass, improve strength and protect bones.
c) Stretching: to increase range the of motion of the joints and muscles’ flexibility. Also to prevent from injuries and relieve from pain.
TIP no 7
Share your objectives and visions with some positive-minded people of your close environment. They will support you morally. Additionally, sharing of your goals makes commitment easier and giving up is not an option any more.
Tip no 8
Challenge yourself! Try always for a personal record,however marginal. Avoid the hamster mentality of endless walking or slow jogging on the treadmill etc.
Go for the real things:
– Circuit weight training/metabolic weight training.
– Anaerobic interval training or at least some form of HIIT.
Tip no 9
– No fancy fitness gadgets!No form of passive exercise(vibration training included!)
– No fad diets!
– No magic pills, potions and powders!
– You will have to try hard! You will have to sweat!
– Don’t fall prey to the fitness charlatans’ deceitful promises!
Tip no 10
There is no best time for fitness activities. The best time is this that best suits you and serves your schedule in an optimum way.
Tip no 11
Weight training: do not engage into endless repetitions looking for muscle definition. Definition is a pleasant side-effect of fat loss.
– Lift heavy enough to adequately tax your muscular system.
– Avoid split workouts if you are an amateur fitness enthusiast.
– Perform only compound,two handed exercises at 8 repetitions/set and minimal breaks between sets.
– Perform 2-3 short but really intense workouts per week.Beware of overtraining!
– Do some HIIT after your weight training session.
Tip no 12
The most important meals are the breakfast and the post workout meal (makes sense only after really tough workouts). If your workout is not challenging enough you don’t really have to bother!
Tip no 13
You can control your insulin levels–and thus your energy profile– by spreading your caloric intake into about 5-6 equivalent meals/day. Do prefer foods with a low glycemic index (and load of course). These choices will favor a better body composition.
Tip no 14
You absolutely don’t need a gym (except if you want to socialize or flirt!). Try bodyweight circuits or dumbbell circuits in the convenience of your your home. You will save money and time! Of course you will need some self-motivation for this!
Tip no 15
Never, ever quit. Time spent for a better physique is a valuable investment. You will be thankful for this when you catch your 40s.
Tip no 16
Mind beats body! Make your mental preparation. Fight to be consistent, disciplined and self motivated!
Tip no 17
The best nutrition in only few words:
– Quality protein.
– Tons of vegetables.
– Monounsaturated and omega-3 fats.
– Unprocessed, natural foods.
– Foods high in antioxidants.
– Minimal sugar,white flour and trans fats intake.
– No fad diets!
– No exaggerations!
– Minimal emotional and mindless eating(a matter of mind).
Tip no 18
– Don’t follow the herd. Use your imagination. Try non conventional, functional exercises.
– Don’t get obsessed with perfection!
– Get obsessed with perpetual progress!